MATER PATIENT PORTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Key: "You" and "Your" means the applicant/Mater Patient Portal user
"Our", "Us" and "We" means Mater Health Services.
Thank you for your interest in registering as a user of the Mater Patient Portal. Below are the Terms and Conditions which apply to the use of Mater Patient Portal, and some security tips to assist you in protecting your information online.
Terms and Conditions for use of Mater Patient Portal are strictly applied to all users. In order to proceed with registration as a user, you must first read the list of current terms and conditions. You must then acknowledge your understanding and agree to comply with the Terms and Conditions by ticking the box on the registration screen.
Top five tips for protecting yourself online
- Keep passwords and any other security information secret, especially when using the Internet in a public place. We will never ask you to provide your password to any Mater staff member. Passwords are stored in encrypted form and cannot be viewed by any Mater staff member.
- Protect your personal information, by ensuring we have your up-to-date address information, collecting your mail messages promptly and not providing your details to anyone you do not trust.
- Keep your computer safe by having up-to-date security software. Check you are only using trusted sites for purchasing items and do not open emails you’re not sure about.
- Keep your computer browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox), and application software (Microsoft Office/Adobe Flash, etc…) up-to-date. Software providers frequently develop updates for their products to address new security threats.
- Immediately report anything you are suspicious of to relevant authorities, especially if you think your account has been inappropriately accessed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF MATER PATIENT PORTAL
Privacy - Your privacy is very important to us. We encourage you to read the below points and to use them to help make an informed decision regarding registration and use of Mater Patient Portal.
- When you register to use this portal you will provide an email address as your user-id and you will then create a password, or you may use your OpenID. (For more information on OpenID, please refer to http://openid.net/). It is your responsibility to manage the security of your login details. We cannot be held responsible for any unauthorised access if you do not keep the login details confidential.
- keep your password secure at all times
- not permit any other person to use your User ID and password
- change your password regularly.
- Your e-mail address will be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be disclosed to any external mailing database. Mater Health Services may use your email address to contact you regarding Mater related services that we think may benefit or be of interest to you.
- You must not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You must use Mater Patient Portal in a manner that does not infringe the rights of others. Unacceptable conduct would include that which may:
- breach the privacy of any person (including Mater staff)
- harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person (including Mater staff)
- involve the transmission of any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material
- cause disruption to Mater operations.
- Mater staff may terminate, delay or restrict your access to Mater Patient Portal at any time if we become aware of any security breaches or prohibited use or where it is necessary for the management of Mater computer systems. Mater staff are not required to provide any reason or notification for any such termination, delay or restriction.
- You understand and acknowledge that whilst Mater takes reasonable steps to protect information from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, Mater cannot be responsible for the security of any information located or created outside of the Mater domain. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of Mater Patient Portal.
- Mater is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (C'lth) and will only use your information in a manner permitted by that Act, and pursuant to Mater policies and procedures.
- Mater will store cookies on your computer when you log on to Mater Patient Portal. Cookies enable our website to recognise your browser through your web browser and welcome you back to our site. Our cookies ONLY identify you. They do not send back any information about your computer or any other information on your hard drive.
- Information contained in Mater Patient Portal is protected by encryption and firewall technology. Our communication is secured by SSL encryption and the option of two factor authentication is given to users for added security.
- The Portal may only be used in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Using Mater Patient Portal – You must use Mater Patient Portal only for lawful purposes. Unacceptable conduct may include transmission of any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or transmission of any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law. All use of the service is monitored and any evidence of unlawful activity will be referred to the relevant authorities. In particular, you must not use Mater Patient Portal to publish any defamatory material.
As a condition of your use of Mater Patient Portal you agree that you will not:
- intentionally distribute viruses or any other technologies that may damage Mater Patient Portal or the interests or property of The Portal’s users
- attempt to inappropriately access or use information contained within Mater Patient Portal
- collect information from Mater Patient Portal without express written consent from Mater.
You are solely responsible for all information that you submit to Mater Patient Portal and any consequences that may result from your postings. It is important that all information you submit to Mater Patient Portal is accurate, complete and up to date.
We reserve the right at our discretion to refuse or delete content that we believe is inappropriate or in breach of the above terms. We also reserve the right at our discretion to restrict usage of the site either temporarily or permanently, or refuse a user's registration.
Fees and Services – Mater Patient Portal is a free service. We will not charge you for registering or using this service.
Registration and Account Security - When registering and in order to maintain the ongoing security of your account you will:
- not provide any false personal information on Mater Patient Portal, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission
- not create another account without our permission if we disable your original account
- not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or deliberately jeopardise the security of your account
- not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission from Mater
- select an appropriate username.
De-activating (de-registering) your Mater Patient Portal account - At any time you may deactivate your Mater Patient Portal account through the Mater Patient Portal settings, or by phoning Mater Patient Portal helpline on 1800 228 470.
Amendments - We may update these Terms and Conditions regularly. If changes are made, we may ask you to accept the new Terms and Conditions the next time you log into Mater Patient Portal. If you choose not to accept the terms and conditions, you may forfeit your Mater Patient Portal account.
Ownership - You acknowledge that all intellectual property and ownership rights over the information contained in the Mater Shared EHR, including information you provide through Mater Patient Portal, are owned by Mater.
Copyright - Mater Patient Portal and its contents are copyrighted. All rights are therefore reserved. Reproduction of all or any substantial part of the contents in any form is prohibited. No part of the site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose without Mater’s expressed approval.
You may also wish to review the following policies:
- Health Information Privacy and Access at www.mater.org.au. This document is made available to help you understand how we collect, store and use information. It contains contact details for the Mater’s Privacy Coordinator if you would like to ask any questions.
- Mater Health Services Mater Health Record Policy – please contact the Mater’s Privacy Coordinator
Mater is committed to keeping the site working properly and the community safe. Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches to us using the Mater Patient Portal’s feedback hyperlink located within the site.